Thursday 23 April 2015

Week 29: Better late than never!

Workload Overload

This blog post is quite a bit late, so apologies for that. In fact with the last official week of this term going on at the moment, I find myself in a lot of stress to get everything finished. Of course we did get an extension for our OTM project, so I will have an additional 2 weeks to work on that, however there are a few things that I had to get done during last week.

Stressful times.


Presentation Time!

First of all it was the presentation. I did my presentation on geocaching, which is one of my hobbies and a great way to get outside and have fun! I am not going to go into too much detail on the subject now (I might do another blog post purely aimed at that sometime), but if you wish to read more about it then head to the official website: http://www.geocaching.com/


The presentation itself went pretty good. I practiced quite a bit to get it right and I was pretty confident on the day before the presentation, but once I actually got up to do it I was feeling anything but confident. Apart from shaking uncontrollably I kind of lost track half way through and had to pretty much read off my script to get back into what I was talking about. All in all it was quite good though, but I didn't receive a lot of feedback. There was a very few questions after I had done my presentation, however they were directed at the subject itself, rather than the presentation.



Extended Writing.

Another major thing I had to get done during the last week was my extended writing, which actually is due tomorrow! However, I spent my time and had it finished by the time the weekend had gone, so there is no more need to stress about that, since I already handed it in. For our extended writing we had to write a reflection of the second year in relationship to our career aspirations as well as an action plan for the next step.

My career aspirations always had been a bit of a mystery as I mentioned in previous blog posts, however in the end I decided that for now at least I will stick to becoming a technical artist. It just seems like that is the one position that is made for me.


Update in Wonderland

Regarding our OTM project I did not get a lot of work done during the last week. This was mostly due to me focussing on getting my theoretical part out of the way first. I did however create a couple of minor cutscenes to get started on the workload of scripts that I had to work through, but it was nothing major.

During this week I am putting a lot more of my time into working on the level and I will update my blog again with what I have achieved within the next few days, so stay tuned!~

No comments:

Post a Comment